Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This is very very good, my aunty's recipe--we love this in my house. This may seem like a lot of ingredients, but it is too good to miss out on.
Top Review by kllywlmt
This was really good. The curry flavor was perfect and it was so creamy. Great comfort food! It did take a bit of effort but I will definitely make it again. The only thing I changed was using plain yogurt instead of mayo because I'm allergic to soy. My husband and little ones loved it too! I might add a bit of cayenne pepper next time, but that's it. Thanks for posting!
- 440 g salmon or 440 g tuna
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 egg
- 30 g butter
- 45 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parsley (or more)
- 60 g cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in boiling salted water for 12 minutes; drain.
- Combine rice with butter, egg, salt and pepper.
- Line a 18cm x 28cm dish with aluminium foil, bringing it above sides of dish.
- Press mixture over base and sides of tin.
- Arrange drained, flaked fish over rice base.
- Melt butter.
- add flour and curry powder, stir until smooth, cook 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- Add milk gradually, stirring until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise and return to heat; stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add lemon juice and parsley.
- Reduce heat, simmer 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- Add beaten egg, cool slightly.
- Pour mixture onto fish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.