Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From At Blanchard's Table
Make and share this Curried Rice With Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 2⁄3 cup finely diced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced scallion
- Combine chicken broth, tomato puree, sherry, soy sauce, and oil in a bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder and stir to blend.
- Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth mixture and carrots, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in raisins and scallions. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.