This rice dish is a wonderful combination of sweet and spicy.If you like a mild curry flavour use less curry powder.This is excellent with lamb or beef, but would go well with other meats too.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened.
- Add curry powder and rice and cook,stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and salt.
- Boil, uncovered, without stirring, until surface of rice is covered with steam holes and grains on top appear to be dry, about 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to as low as possible.
- Cook,covered,about 10-15 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in raisins, apricots and almonds and serve.
This was very good, we really liked the apricot and raisin with the curry. I scaled this to serve four and it worked quite well. I think next time I would leave out the almonds, personal preference. Thanks for posting this, Carrie Ann.
You won't want to stop eating it! This recipe is very close to what I was looking for. I added some red pepper because I like mine hot. I served it with Pan-seared Tilapia with Chili Lime Butter #109163 and Indian Cucumber Raita #120649. We had Strawberry Jello Pie #108184 for dessert.