1/3 Photos of Curried Rice With Cauliflower and Peas
A mildly spiced pilaf, this great side dish can be turned into a complete meal by adding leftover roast chicken or cooked chickpeas. Add an additional 1/2 tsp of curry powder if you like a stronger curry flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup red peppers or 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- black pepper, to taste
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add ginger, curry powder and lemon zest and stir for 30 seconds.
- 3Add cauliflower, peppers, onions, rice and salt; stir.
- 4Add water and bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover.
- 5Cook 15-18 minutes, until water is absorbed and rice is cooked through.
- 6Stir in peas and black pepper, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Rice With Cauliflower and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.8
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 437.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g