Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am posting this recipe here for safe keeping.
- 453.59 g package frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, red bell peppers)
- 396.89 g can vegetable broth
- 354.88 ml water
- 177.44 ml instant brown rice, uncooked
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 396.89 g can unsweetened coconut milk
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- Combine water, broth, & vegetables in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil then stir in the rice, curry, salt, & pepper sauce.
- Reduce to medium-low then cover & simmer for 8 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk & continue to cook for 3 minutes or until heated. Remove from the heat & stir in the lime juice.
- Ladle into bowls & serve immediately.
10 stars! My family loved this soup and have requested that it be a regular. It was so easy to throw together since it just takes frozen vegetables and I had some leftover brown rice that I just added once I added the coconut milk. I used BRAGGs Liquid Aminos (it's like a low sodium soy sauce) to taste instead of using salt. Thanks! Made for ZWT6 Looney Spoon Phoodies.
Pretty good soup which is so fast to put together. DD (toddler) and I thoroughly enjoyed this but DH didn't but he seems to not like any soup I make! I use frozen Thai mixed vegetables, Emirati Style Yellow Chicken Stock in place of the canned vegetable broth, some leftover cooked white Basmati rice, but I would like to try this with precooked brown rice, Iraqi Curry Powder, sea salt, to taste, no hot pepper sauce but we don't like a lot of heat, Thai coconut milk, plus the rest of the ingredients. I will make this again for DD and I maybe.
Light and hearty at the same time. I added some extra soy sauce and boullion