1/1 Photo of Curried Rice & Vegetable Soup
I am posting this recipe here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, red bell peppers)
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1Combine water, broth, & vegetables in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil then stir in the rice, curry, salt, & pepper sauce.
- 2Reduce to medium-low then cover & simmer for 8 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 3Stir in the coconut milk & continue to cook for 3 minutes or until heated. Remove from the heat & stir in the lime juice.
- 4Ladle into bowls & serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Rice & Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.4
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 383.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g