1 hr 20 mins
Borealis Beegirl's Note:
From Cooks Country, September 2008. Preparation time includes cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup raisins or 2/3 cup currants
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chipped fine
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Combine raisins, lime juice and sugar in small bowl, set aside.
- 2Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot .
- 3Add 1 tablespoon salt and rice to boiling water and cook until just tender , about 12 to 14 minutes.
- 4Drain rice, spread on rimmed baking sheet, and cool completely, at least 20 minutes.
- 5Melt butter in empty pot over medium heat.
- 6Cook onion and jalapeno until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add ginger , garlic, and curry and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 8Off heat, stir in raisin mixture.
- 9Toss rice, raisin mixture, and cilantro in large bowl until combined.
- 10Season with salt, serve.
- 11Salad can be refrigerated for 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 10.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g