8 hrs 30 mins
Gwanny Hill's Note:
An unusual rice dish with a taste that grows on you as you eat it. The flavor improves as it sits so best to prepare it the night before you plan to serve it. The recipe is from "Count Your Blessings", a cookbook compiled by the women's group of a local church.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained with liquid reserved
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 spring onions, chopped with some of green stem left on
- 3/4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- salt, to taste
- 1Cook rice as directed on box.
- 3Drain and chop artichoke hearts, reserving marinade.
- 4Add curry powder and mayonnaise to marinade.
- 5Add onions, chopped artichokes and black and stuffed olives to rice.
- 6Pour marinade mixture over rice mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Serve chilled.
- 8NOTE: Cooking time refers primarily to chilling time.
- 9Cooking of rice-a-roni is covered in preparation time.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 1225.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives