Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An unusual rice dish with a taste that grows on you as you eat it. The flavor improves as it sits so best to prepare it the night before you plan to serve it. The recipe is from "Count Your Blessings", a cookbook compiled by the women's group of a local church.
- 1 (10 ounce) box chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained with liquid reserved
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 spring onions, chopped with some of green stem left on
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- salt, to taste
- Cook rice as directed on box.
- Drain and chop artichoke hearts, reserving marinade.
- Add curry powder and mayonnaise to marinade.
- Add onions, chopped artichokes and black and stuffed olives to rice.
- Pour marinade mixture over rice mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled.
- NOTE: Cooking time refers primarily to chilling time.
- Cooking of rice-a-roni is covered in preparation time.