Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
This is another one of those grocery store recipes. The lamb chops baked atop this yummy rice is a great combination. (Prep time is approximate)
Top Review by Paula5
Tasty dish. We really enjoyed it. It's not spicy at all, and that might be just right for some people, but I'll add at least twice as much curry powder next time. I really liked the addition of grated carrots to the dish -- yummy and colorful, too. Thanks for sharing it.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 shoulder lamb chops
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, if desired
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in butter.
- Remove chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add rice to pan drippings; cook, stirring constantly, until grains turn golden brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; pour into prepared dish.
- Arrange chops on top.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until rice and chops are tender and liquid is absorbed.