Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Slightly sweet because of the apples & raisins. This curry is great as a main vegetarian dish. It can also be used to fill acorn squash and is great leftover for lunch. This is 7 WW points when divided into 4 servings
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup red lentil
- 4 teaspoons vegetable stock base
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and chopped fine
- Heat oil and saute onion & garlic until translucent. Add spices and saute for several more minutes. Add the rice and cook again for another couple of minutes. Add water, vegetable base, lentils and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower flame, simmer until rice and lentils are soft stirring occasionall and adding more water if necessary.
- Add the apples & raisins and cook only until the apples are slightly soft and all the moisure is absorbed.
This one did not come together for me. It may be because I rarely cook with brown rice. The texture was good, and the dish was visually appealing, but I really did not find it that flavorful.