Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are really simple--great for potlucks.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or 4 cups long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 12 slices deli ham (1/8 inch thick)
- 4 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, divided
- In a skillet, sauté the onion in butter until tender, about 3 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine rice, parsley, curry powder, and onion; mix well.
- Spoon about 1/3 of cup of the mixture along the center of each ham slice and roll up. Secure with toothpicks. Place seam side down on greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. top with the sliced eggs.
- For the sauce, melt butter in saucepan. Combine cornstarch, curry powder, salt and about 1/3 cup of milk; mix well. Gradually stir into the butter. Add remaining milk. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over the ham rolls. Cover and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes; uncover and.