Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Simple summer salad. Prep time does not include cooking the rice, which can be done a day ahead. Found this on a scrap of paper in my desk...don't know how long I had it!
- 12 ounces long grain and wild rice blend
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 8 ounces broccoli, chopped
- 6 large tomatoes
- 8 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package. Set aside to cool.
- Slice 1 egg, reserving middle slices for garnish.
- Chop all the eggs coarsely.
- Stir yogurt and curry together. Stir in rice, chopped eggs and broccoli. Chill.
- Prior to serving, cut each tomato into 6 sections and place on individual plates that are lined with lettuce or spinach leaves.
- Top each evenly with egg mixture.
- Garnish with egg slices.