Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easy tasty rice. It also is very good as a cold rice salad.
Make and share this Curried Rice and Jalapeno Pepper Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large jalapeno pepper (sliced)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (diced)
- 1 sweet green pepper (diced)
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 354.88 ml water
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 236.59 ml long grain rice (brown or white can do, I used white and have used Basmati)
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 mango (optional for salad)
- 6 green onions (optional for salad)
- 59.14 ml green pumpkin seeds (toasted)
- Saute the onion, jalapeno pepper, tomato, and green pepper in a medium size sauce pan.
- Just do it enough that the onion does not get over done.
- Pour in the curry powder, water and then mix in the rice, then add the bay leaf and cook until the rice is done.
- Let stand covered for 1/2 hour.
- To Make Cold Salad:.
- When cooled I add mango, green onions and toasted pumpkin seeds to this and it makes a fabulous cold salad.