Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy tasty rice. It also is very good as a cold rice salad.
Make and share this Curried Rice and Jalapeno Pepper Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large jalapeno pepper (sliced)
- 1⁄2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 sweet green pepper (diced)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup long grain rice (brown or white can do, I used white and have used Basmati)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 mango (optional for salad)
- 6 green onions (optional for salad)
- 1⁄4 cup green pumpkin seeds (toasted)
- Saute the onion, jalapeno pepper, tomato, and green pepper in a medium size sauce pan.
- Just do it enough that the onion does not get over done.
- Pour in the curry powder, water and then mix in the rice, then add the bay leaf and cook until the rice is done.
- Let stand covered for 1/2 hour.
- To Make Cold Salad:.
- When cooled I add mango, green onions and toasted pumpkin seeds to this and it makes a fabulous cold salad.