Recipe by Chef Mindi
This is very good. Not very spicy, so you may want to adjust the curry to your liking. My stomach does not tolerate spicy things well, so you may want to add more depending on how tough your stomach is. lol. I love the taste of curry and it goes well with the ham. My Husband cleaned his plate and went for seconds on this one.
Top Review by berry271
This was good, but not exactly what I was expecting. I doubled the curry and diced the ham so it would be easier to serve. I thought the parsley flavor was too strong, but my husband enjoyed it.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 ham slices, medium thick
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, for sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, for sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder, for sauce
- 2 cups milk, divided for sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter or margarine. Cut the eggs into slices.
- In bowl, mix rice, parsley, salt, curry and onion. Mix well.
- Grease a large baking pan. Line the ham slices on the bottom in a single layer.
- Spoon the rice mixture on top of the ham slices. Place the egg slices on top.
- Make sauce; Melt butter. In a bowl, Combine the cornstarch, curry and 1/3 C milk. Mix.
- stir the cornstarch mix into the butter. Add remaining milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour this mixture over the eggs. Cover. Bake 375F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover. Bake for 10 more minutes.