1/2 Photos of Curried Rice and Fruit Salad
1 hr 5 mins
This rice salad has exotic flavors that make a delicious lunch or side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml uncooked basmati rice
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 14.79 ml minced fresh ginger
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 828.06 ml water
- 2 apples, diced
- 354.88 ml well drained crushed pineapple
- 118.29 ml diced dried apricot
- 59.14 ml unsweetened flaked coconut
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh mint
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1Wash rice until water runs clear; drain well.
- 2In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- 3Add the green onions, garlic, curry powder, ginger, and rice; sauté for about 4 minutes or until the rice appears dry.
- 4Add 1 teaspoon salt and the water.
- 5Cover and lower the heat to low; cook at a gentle boil until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- 6Fluff the rice with a fork; cool.
- 7In a big bowl, add the rice, apples, pineapple, apricots, coconut, mint, and cilantro; stir to combine.
- 8Dressing: Add all the dressing ingredients to the container of an electric blender; process until smooth.
- 9Pour the dressing over the rice mixture; toss to coat.
- 10Add salt and pepper to taste; serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Rice and Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 401.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: