Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Divine! My mom made this for us growing up and it's a wonderful "fancy" rice dish that's definitely up to company standards and doesn't take up stove top room. One of my favorite recipes! You can also make it the "stove-top" way by sauteeing the onions until soft, toasting the spices and rice for a bit with the onions and then bringing everything to a boil with the chicken broth and simmering for 15 minutes.
- 1 onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- Saute onion in butter until softened.
- While onions are sauteeing, bring chicken broth to boil in another pot.
- Add rice and spices to onion and brown slightly.
- Add boiling chicken broth.
- Pour into 9x13 glass dish and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 20 minutes at 80% power.
Wonderful rice dish. I'm always afraid that curry will overpower a dish, but this has just the right amount of spices. :)