- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté onion and celery together until tender.
- Add rice, water, chicken broth, curry powder and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with chopped cashews and cilantro if you so desire.