Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hijacked Disney Recipe. My family really liked this.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Note: It doesn't really matter how uniform you chop everything, it all gets pureed in the end.
- In the oil, over med-high heat stir fry the onion and red bell pepper until soft.
- Add the potato, tomato (you can also use canned), stock and curry powder.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Stir in the coconut milk and honey.
- Puree in batches in a blender, return to pot.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cilantrol.
This was an ok soup...it had far too much sweetness for our taste (I would cut out the honey and substitute 1 tablespoon of either palm or brown sugar) and not enough bite. We normally love soup with coconut milk but found that this was pretty much on the bland side. Maybe it had something to do with using ready made curry powder. Perhaps you could improve this recipe by posting your own mix of spices rather than curry powder.