1/6 Photos of Curried Red Lentils
For me, this is comfort food. It only take about a half hour to make, and with some fresh pitas, it's a fantastic meal by itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the lentils in cold water until the water runs clear.
- 2Add lentils and enough water to cover to a saucepan and simmer until the lentils are tender (about 30 minutes).
- 3Add water if necessary.
- 4While the lentils are cooking, caramelize the onions in the vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- 5Combine the curry paste, spices, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- 6Mix well.
- 7When the onions are cooked, add the curry mixture to the pan.
- 8Cook over a high heat, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- 9Stir in the tomat puree and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- 10Cook the curry base until the lentils are ready.
- 11When the lentils are tender, drain off any exceess water and add the lentils to the curry mixture.
- 12Combine thoroughly and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Red Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 318.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 13.6 g