1/3 Photos of Curried Red Lentil Soup With Lemon
Marly Deschauer's Note:
I got this recipe from Vegetarian Times and it is very delicious! No skimpin on flavor with this recipe! It is also very, very hearty! This soup will warm you up on a chilly day or keep it light enough on a hot day! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups red lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 quart low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 11. Bring lentils, vegetable broth, and 4 cups water to a simmer in a large pot. Periodically skim away foam that rises to the top. Reduce to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 22. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 33. Add cilantro, curry powder amd cumin and simmer for an additional 20 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- 44. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in lemon.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Red Lentil Soup With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (917 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 149.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 50.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth