You can only find quinoa in healthstores here. And not all quinoa products are (yet) available. But OK, when I found this recipe I was glad I could make it. Be sure to rinse the quinoa before boiling it. If you can't find quinoa you can use either couscous or bulgur.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup other mixed dried fruit
- Rinse quinoa in plenty of water, drain.
- In medium saucepan, bring the two cups of water to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in quinoa.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let cool
- In small bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, honey, curry powder and red pepper flakes, stirring until completely blended
- Combine, in a serving bowl, remaining ingredients.
- Gently stir in cooled quinoa, then soy sauce mixture.