1/2 Photos of Curried Quinoa Salad With Cranberries
Chef Dudo's Note:
You can only find quinoa in healthstores here. And not all quinoa products are (yet) available. But OK, when I found this recipe I was glad I could make it. Be sure to rinse the quinoa before boiling it. If you can't find quinoa you can use either couscous or bulgur.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or 1/2 cup other mixed dried fruit
- 1Rinse quinoa in plenty of water, drain.
- 2In medium saucepan, bring the two cups of water to a boil over high heat.
- 3Stir in quinoa.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 5Remove from heat and let cool
- 6In small bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, honey, curry powder and red pepper flakes, stirring until completely blended
- 7Combine, in a serving bowl, remaining ingredients.
- 8Gently stir in cooled quinoa, then soy sauce mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Quinoa Salad With Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.0
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 522.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g