Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is so much healthier than regular white rice risotto because it is high in protein and has a lower GI (glycemic index). It doesn’t cause a sharp blood sugar spike like regular risotto does. The leftover can be served warm or cold. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions, garlic and ginger and sauté until onions are tender.
- Add quinoa and sauté a few more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add curry powder. Cover.
- While the quinoa is being cooked, add vegetables (starting with the ones that will take longer to cook).
- When all water is absorbed, remove from heat. Adjust the taste with about 1 tsp of salt and some cayenne (if you like it hot).
- Infuse love and serve!