1/1 Photo of Curried Quinoa Risotto (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
This dish is so much healthier than regular white rice risotto because it is high in protein and has a lower GI (glycemic index). It doesn’t cause a sharp blood sugar spike like regular risotto does. The leftover can be served warm or cold. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions, garlic and ginger and sauté until onions are tender.
- 2Add quinoa and sauté a few more minutes.
- 3Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add curry powder. Cover.
- 4While the quinoa is being cooked, add vegetables (starting with the ones that will take longer to cook).
- 5When all water is absorbed, remove from heat. Adjust the taste with about 1 tsp of salt and some cayenne (if you like it hot).
- 6Infuse love and serve!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Quinoa Risotto (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 584.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: