Recipe by Glori-B
Just made this for lunch from available ingredients and was hooked. I call it almost raw because you cook the quinoa and onions in this version. To make it fully raw, sprout the quinoa and mince the onion superfine. I hope you like it!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup peas and carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use organic coconut oil)
- 1 onion, diced small
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cumin
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed (or 3 cups raw fennel stalks)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- .Cook quinoa in water until water is absorbed. About 12-15 minutes. Place the peas & carrots in a medium bowl. When done, dump the quinoa on top of the peas & carrots, so they will thaw. Set aside.
- Saute onions until translucent. Add garlic, cook 1 minute. Add spices, cook about 3 - 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a food processor using S blade, chop cauliflower (and fennel if using) until the size of grains of rice. Empty into large bowl. Add quinoa, peas and carrots and onions and spices and raisins. Mix thoroughly to combine. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve and enjoy.