Top Review by under12parsecs
Tons and tons of flavor! I used a hot African curry powder and simmered everything in chicken broth instead of water. I also subbed cranberries for the raisins and left out the almonds (otherwise DH wouldn't have touched it). Otherwise made as written. We thoroughly enjoyed this lovely quinoa!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups quinoa, Quinoa-Toasted Quinoa-Toasted
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic over low heat, stirring, until softened.
- Add curry powder and toasted Quinoa , stirring for 1 minute.
- Add water and carrots, bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 12 minutes or until Quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- Stir in peas, apricots, almonds, raisins, or cranberries and serve.