Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was once devoured by a finicky twelve-year-old.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pie pumpkin
- curry powder, to taste
- 2 leeks, white part only, sliced
- 1 cup roasted chicken stock
- 12 tablespoons ghee
- light coconut milk, to taste
- heavy cream, to taste
- honey, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb alaskan king crab leg, thawed, shelled and cut into chunks
- chili powder, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- ground ginger, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
- Halve the pumpkin.
- Remove seeds.
- Bake on an oiled pan until easily pierced with a fork, about 35 minutes.
- Sauté leek in ghee until tender.
- Add pumpkin pulp, breaking up solids with a spoon.
- Add curry and cayenne and sauté for a minute and a half.
- Add chicken stock.
- Add coconut milk and cream.
- Finish with chili powder, cashew pieces and ginger.
- Add crab and heat through.
- Serve over jasmati rice, garnished with cilantro and toasted cashews.