Another yummy Fall soup
Make and share this Curried Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Add in flour and curry powder and mix until blended.
- Gradually add the broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the pumpkin, milk, honey, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; cook until heated through.