Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Southern Living magazine, November 2006
Make and share this Curried Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cansunsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 32 ounces fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Saute onion in olive oil over medium high heat for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and next 4 ingredients; saute one minute.
- Add pumpkin, 1 cup water and 1 cup of broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; add coconut milk, lime juice and salt and simmer stirring often, 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Process pumpkin mixture in batches, in food processor until smooth, scrape sides.
- Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated through. Garnish with sour cream if desired.