Cheri Lee's Note:
From Southern Living magazine, November 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 32 ounces fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1Saute onion in olive oil over medium high heat for 8 minutes or until tender.
- 2Add garlic and next 4 ingredients; saute one minute.
- 3Add pumpkin, 1 cup water and 1 cup of broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; add coconut milk, lime juice and salt and simmer stirring often, 25 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and cool.
- 5Process pumpkin mixture in batches, in food processor until smooth, scrape sides.
- 6Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated through. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2613 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.7
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 568.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g