Kelly M.'s Note:
This risotto cooks up rich and creamy, nicely spiced, makes for a great side dish. Takes some time and lots of attention, but is worth the wait! This recipe was created for the Ready, Set, Cook! contest.
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 44.37 ml shallots, chopped
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml arborio rice (other short or medium grain will work)
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 1Melt butter in large sauce pot.
- 2Add shallots and red pepper.
- 3Saute until red pepper begins to soften, about 4 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, combine pumpkin and broth in another saucepan, mixing well over medium-low heat.
- 5Keep warm.
- 6Add rice to red pepper mixture, cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Add wine, stirring until liquid is almost gone.
- 8Add cumin and curry powder, stirring through until well blended.
- 9Over medium heat, begin adding pumpkin/broth liquid, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- 10Stir until liquid is almost gone, then add the next 1/2 cup.
- 11Continue until the pumpkin broth is gone and rice is tender, or even slightly al dente if you like.
- 12This can take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 13When just a small bit of the last addition of broth is left, add evaporated milk, stirring to blend, and continue to cook for about 3 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- 14Remove from heat and add toasted pine nuts.
- 15Mix through and serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pumpkin Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (1870 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 840.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 8.5 g