Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I remember reading a recipe a bit like this somewhere but didn't write it down, when I came to make it I merged two recipes together to make this and was really pleased with the end results. This is my DH's favourite soup! All quantities are approximatly as I just throw it together - email me if you have any questions.
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic until soft.
- Add Pumpkin and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in curry powder and cook for another few minutes to take the rawness of the spices.
- Add stock and coconut milk enough to cover the vegetables and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer until pumpkin is soft, about 15 minutes.
- When cooked turn off heat and allow to cool slightly, blend until smooth, return to pan and add more stock until the required consistency is reached.
- Add the smoke salmon, the heat left in the soup will 'cook' the salmon.
- Check seasoning.
- I freeze this in batches with or without the salmon, either way its great. Once defrosted re-heat and add salmon if needed. I don't know how much this makes 8 + depending on the size of your soup bowls.