I remember reading a recipe a bit like this somewhere but didn't write it down, when I came to make it I merged two recipes together to make this and was really pleased with the end results. This is my DH's favourite soup! All quantities are approximatly as I just throw it together - email me if you have any questions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in large pan.
- 2Sauté onions and garlic until soft.
- 3Add Pumpkin and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Mix in curry powder and cook for another few minutes to take the rawness of the spices.
- 5Add stock and coconut milk enough to cover the vegetables and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer until pumpkin is soft, about 15 minutes.
- 6When cooked turn off heat and allow to cool slightly, blend until smooth, return to pan and add more stock until the required consistency is reached.
- 7Add the smoke salmon, the heat left in the soup will 'cook' the salmon.
- 8Check seasoning.
- 9I freeze this in batches with or without the salmon, either way its great. Once defrosted re-heat and add salmon if needed. I don't know how much this makes 8 + depending on the size of your soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pumpkin and Smoked Salmon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.5
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 247.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 8.1 g