Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice combination of flavors. Tastes even better if made ahead (excluding cheese of course) and reheated. Try it with croutons!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 6 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated,for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over moderate heat.
- Stir in onion, celery, pepper and bay leaf, cooking and stirring until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add butter, curry powder and garlic, and cook gently, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add the stock and salt; bring to a boil.
- Stir in pumpkin and sage; simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir well and serve in warm bowls with some grated cheddar sprinkled over the top of each.
This is really good. I just made this. I added some black pepper. I will make this again.