Curried Pumpkin and Cheddar Bisque
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over moderate heat.
- Stir in onion, celery, pepper and bay leaf, cooking and stirring until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add butter, curry powder and garlic, and cook gently, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add the stock and salt; bring to a boil.
- Stir in pumpkin and sage; simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir well and serve in warm bowls with some grated cheddar sprinkled over the top of each.