Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Best served warm over cooked soba noodles or brown rice, with lemon wedges and a sprinkle of toasted cashews and cilantro. Found this on Full Bell Farms which states the Recipe is by Dayna Macy, daynamacy.com
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 leeks, washed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons (about 11/2 cups)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 3 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- lemon wedge
- salt and pepper
- Heat ghee in large pot over medium heat. Add leeks and cook 5–7 minutes or until soft. Stir in carrots, garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook 2–3 minutes. Pour in coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cover pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 15 minutes. Add potatoes, cover, and cook 20–25 minutes more or until potatoes are tender, stirring every few minutes. Stir in peas and cook 2 minutes or until warmed through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm over cooked soba noodles or warm brown rice, with lemon wedges and a sprinkle of toasted cashews and cilantro.
- Pass around a bowl of yogurt for guests to add if they wish.
Absolutely delicious curry! I knew it would be wonderful just by the ingredients alone and it was!!! Will definitely make this dish again and again! Made for Spring PAC, April, 2012.