Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook “Wonderful Ways to Cook Curries” I paid 50c for the book in a thrift shop. It's fast, simple and delicious. I'm thinking peas would be a good addition and some chopped coriander to finish.
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Saute the potatoes in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix gently but well.
- Cover and cook on a medium heat until the potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and allow the potatoes to become crisp.
YUMM!!! There were 5 of us eating tonight & I should have doubled the recipe. I noted a sweetness that just made me drool followed by HEAT from the measly 12tsp red pepper flakes. We loved this; the child guest thought they were too spicy. I will make this repeatedly. especially since we are craving more,lol. Made for 4/10 Aussie swap. Thanks, Jan!