Recipe by A la Carte
From Cooking Light. A great alternative to regular potato salad and makes a great lunch, or salad to bring to a picnic/BBQ. Use fat free yogurt for even less fat and calories. Serves 6 for 199 calories/3.8 g fat/2.3 g fiber.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cubed peeled yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool.
- Combine potatoes and vinegar in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Add raisins, shallots, and tuna.
- Combine mayonnaise and the next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to potato mixture; toss to coat.
- Chill 1 hour. Stir in almonds.