Recipe by spiritussancto
loosely based on kittencal's smashed potato salad but with all the alterations i usually make
- 12 red potatoes or 12 small yellow potatoes, scrubbed and cubed but not peeled
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons margarine (optional)
- 1⁄2 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup light cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (more or less depending on taste and the strength of your curry powder)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped (or more if you like eggs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- put potatoes in a large pot and cover with water, add 1 tsp salt. bring to a boil, then reduce to med and boil until potatoes are fork-tender.
- you can put the eggs in once it comes to a boil and cook them at the same time. chop veggies while that cooks.
- drain potatoes, chop eggs. mix everything very well in a large bowl. the potatoes will slightly mash as you continue stirring.
- serve room temp or chilled.