Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Healthy and easy to make ahead when you don't know what to make for dinner...just pull it out of the freezer and heat
- Trim fat from pork and thinly slice meat into bite-size strips.
- Peel, core, and chop apple.
- Coat a COLD large skillet with cooking spray.
- Preheat the skillet.
- Cook pork strips about 3 minutes or till no longer pink; remove from skillet.
- Set aside.
- Add apple, onion, curry powder, salt, and ginger to the drippings in the skillet.
- Cook and stir till apple and onion are tender.
- Stir together cornstarch and 1/4 CUP of the milk; add to apple mixture in the skillet with remaining milk.
- Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in pork, UNCOOKED rice, and raisins.
- Divide pork mixture among 4 individual baking dishes.
- Cover with foil; seal, label, and freeze.
- CONVENTIONAL OVEN: Bake frozen casseroles, covered, in a 375F.
- oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir before serving.
- MICROWAVE OVEN: Remove the foil from frozen casserole (use a microwave-safe baking dish); cover casserole with vented mirowave-safe plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Micro-cook 1 serving medium-high for 5 to 7 minutes or till casserole is heated through, turning dish once and stirring once during cooking.