1 hr 25 mins
Healthy and easy to make ahead when you don't know what to make for dinner...just pull it out of the freezer and heat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim fat from pork and thinly slice meat into bite-size strips.
- 2Peel, core, and chop apple.
- 3Coat a COLD large skillet with cooking spray.
- 4Preheat the skillet.
- 5Cook pork strips about 3 minutes or till no longer pink; remove from skillet.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Add apple, onion, curry powder, salt, and ginger to the drippings in the skillet.
- 8Cook and stir till apple and onion are tender.
- 9Stir together cornstarch and 1/4 CUP of the milk; add to apple mixture in the skillet with remaining milk.
- 10Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 11Then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 12Stir in pork, UNCOOKED rice, and raisins.
- 13Divide pork mixture among 4 individual baking dishes.
- 14Cover with foil; seal, label, and freeze.
- 15CONVENTIONAL OVEN: Bake frozen casseroles, covered, in a 375F.
- 16oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until heated through.
- 17Stir before serving.
- 18MICROWAVE OVEN: Remove the foil from frozen casserole (use a microwave-safe baking dish); cover casserole with vented mirowave-safe plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- 19Micro-cook 1 serving medium-high for 5 to 7 minutes or till casserole is heated through, turning dish once and stirring once during cooking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pork with Rice
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 367.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless pork sirloin