Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adjust ingredients to taste. Can add in some crushed red pepper flakes also when sauteeing the onion.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes (can use a small pork butt roast cut into cubes also)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil olive oil (more as needed)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 -3 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- salt and pepper, to tase
- Tabasco sauce
- In a large skillet, heat oil until hot.
- Add pork cubes and brown over high heat; remove to a warm dish.
- Adding more oil if necessary, cook the onions and pepper until just softened.
- Add in the curry powder and fresh garlic; cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes with their juice, and the tomato paste.
- Stir in the broth and vinegar.
- Add in the bay leaf, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Whe the meat is tender and cooked through, remove bay leaf, and add a few drops of Tabasco sauce (or more if desired).
- Serve and enjoy!
This was pretty good. Something was missing, tho. I didn't add the mint because I didn't have any. I wonder if that was it???