Top Review by Chef Saskatchewan Bound
This was our first venture in to the land of "curry" This recipe is a great place to start. The only hitch was the Hunts tomatoes which we could not find so we used crushed tomatoes instead. The one thing we would do differently next time is add less onions otherwise this was fantastic. We served it over curry flavoured rice which can be found on Zaar. We made this exactly as it says "without regard to what type of curry powder the label said" and it was great.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- to taste seasoning salt
- to taste black pepper, ground
- 4 pork loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Wesson Oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into eighths
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hunts Ready Tomato Sauces Chunky Special
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour, seasoned salt and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip pork chops into flour mixture, coating both sides.
- Heat Wesson Oil in large skillet. Cook and stir onion and apple in hot oil until onion is tender.
- Remove from skillet; set aside. Cook chops in hot skillet until lightly brown on both sides.
- Remove chops from skillet. Drain off fat. Stir Hunt's Ready Tomato Sauce Chunky Special, raisins, curry powder, sugar and ground red pepper into skillet. Return chops, apple, and onion to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until pork chops are tender and no longer pink.