Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I tried this recipe I found in a Canadian Living Magazine. So yummy....
Make and share this Curried Pork Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boston lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns
Grilled Red Onions
- 1⁄2 large red onion
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- In large bowl, mix together pork, coriander, feta, curry paste, garlic, ginger, jalapeño pepper, cumin, salt and pepper. Divide into quarters; shape into burgers. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or for up to 4 hours.
- Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until digital instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each reads 160°F (71°C), about 10 minutes.
- Grilled Red Onions: Meanwhile, peel onion; cut crosswise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. Insert small skewer horizontally through each slice to keep rings in place. Brush both sides with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place onion on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until softened, about 10 minutes. Serve with lettuce on burgers in buns.
These burgers are delicious!! I have made them several times and each time they are so good. I find that instead of hamburger buns it's fun to eat these with naan bread. I was even able to bring them to a bbq at my friends house who is gluten sensitive, no bread crumbs in these.