Cook1 hr 12 mins
Also great with beef, lamb, chicken or turkey. Makes a nice appetizer, or double recipe for main course. From B H & G
- 2 tablespoons garam masala or 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes (I have used other cuts of pork, because it's marinated overnight, can also use lamb, beef, chicken a)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- Combine garam masala, onion, ginger, oil, and cayenne pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in pork, working spice mixture into meat with fingers.
- Thread the meat onto metal skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces, cover and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
- Place pork skewer on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat.
- Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until the juices run clear, turning once.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt and cilantro in a small serving dish.
- Cover and chill until serving.
- To serve, use a fork to remove grilled pork cubes from skewers.
- Arrange on a tray around yogurt mixture.
- Serve pork cubes with toothpicks.