Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another of grandma's recipes that I changed slightly. This is an interesting casserole, that tastes great. Going to Grandma's was always a taste experience for us kids.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 3 -4 bananas, large, ripe
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons curry, thai red (use your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut meat in 1/2 inch cubes and brown in the butter.
- Slice the bananas and place in layers in the casserole pan. Place the meat ontop of the bananas.
- Mix the curry and salt with the cream, blend well.
- Pour the curried cream mixture over the meat and the bananas.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice and a nice green salad.
Five stars for sure! I made a bed of cooked basmati rice with raisins in bottom of casserole. Used half n half instead of cream. Wow!
What a delicious recipe. Made recipe as written, except cut the curry down using 2 teraspoons. Very tasting too, at first I was skeptical but I tagged this to see how it would come out. There were no leftovers, which was a shame because we all wanted more.. Great recipe and keeping this one. Made for Recipe Swap 41.
This was nice, I was expecting it to be spiceir than it is with the amount of red curry paste. But even the kids ate it. Next time I think I would add onions and mushrooms. Madw, reviewd and photographed for the Aus/NZ recipe swap #29 June 2009.