Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A rice cooker invention, I love using it for one pot meals. I tried this and it was tasty, I upped the curry powder because it could use a little more spice. Experiment with this if you want, it should be diabetic safe also.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 7⁄8 lb boneless sirloin pork chop, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder (can use a little more if desired)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 0.5 (13 ounce) can low-fat coconut milk
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 0.5 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup raw acorn squash, diced
- Brown meat in hot oil on steam setting (must close the over for meat to brown) and then add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in rest of ingredients, turn to brown rice setting.