Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wonderful taste to start your day! from Readers' Digest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices thick crisp buttered toast
- Fill medium saucepan with about 3 inches of water.
- Stir in coriander, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Break one egg into a small dish.
- Gently slip egg into water.
- Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Cook in barely simmering water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Serve immediately on crisp buttered toast.
What a great idea, and good to. Thank you for posting
This was so tasty!! I also steamed some spinach and served them with onion bagels. Perhaps the only way I will ever eat poached eggs again!
Very tasty...right up there with the smokey eggs posted by Sahara.