Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tangy, sweet and spicy, this dish is simple to make.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish, or spray with cooking spray.
- Lay chicken breasts in dish.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple, honey, mustard, curry, salt, ginger, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
I just made this for dinner with bone-in chicken. It was great! Even my children loved the sweet sauce.
I had to fiddle with this a bit since I knew my girls wouldn't eat the sauce, so I baked the chicken in the pineapple, then saved 4 oz of the pineapple juice and mixed with with half measurements of the other ingredients plus a little cornstarch to thicken it. We poured the sauce on our chicken and Hubby really really liked it.
We really enjoyed this, very good chicken. Next time I might double the amount of the pineapple mixture because it would have been nice to have more! I used skinless, bone-in chicken because it was what I had in the fridge, the cooking instructions seemed to work well for it too. Thanks for posting this, Terri F.