Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 36 mins
This chutney is delicious with ham or with pork tenderloin. It keeps for a week in the refrigerator.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 3⁄4 cup peach, peeled and chopped (about 1)
- 3⁄4 cup nectarine, peeled and chopped (about 1)
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add ginger and garlic; saute 30 seconds. Add onions and peppers; saute 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry powder and cook 1 minute more.
- Add pineapple and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
I do so enjoy making & eating chutneys like this, & your recipe fits right in there! Especially like being able to use fresh pineapple! And, since I'm sure I won't be able to find all these ingredients during the end-of-year holidays, I doubled the recipe so I could share some of it with several like-minded friends! A real winner of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it with us! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]