1 hr 28 mins
1 hr 18 mins
The sweetness of the orange juice contrasts nicely with the slightly biting flavor of the curry, which in turn plays up the natural sweetness of the pecans. From Party Nuts!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 225ºF.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Place the egg white in a large, stainless steel bowl and whip until frothy.
- 4Whip in orange juice concentrate, curry powder, salt and, if desired, cayenne.
- 5Add the pecans and toss until completely coated.
- 6Add the sugar and toss again.
- 7Transfer the nuts to the prepared sheet and arrange in a single layer.
- 8Place in the oven and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until lightly colored and dried out, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 9Remove from the oven, immediately loosen the nuts with a metal spatula, sprinkle with the orange zest, and set aside to cool before serving.
- 10Don't substitute prepared orange juice for the concentrate, which is stickier and stronger.
- 11Mango, pineapple or orange sorbet makes a better substitute.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pecans With Orange
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 450.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of