Recipe by dicentra
This is really good. Adjust the spiciness to your liking. Serve over jasmine or basmati rice.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Very easy to make and quick too. Used a can of diced tomatoes and added some sliced mushrooms (they had to be used that day). For the "spicyness to my liking" I extra added 1/8tsp cayennepepper, 1/2tsp kosher salt, 1/2tsp hot curry powder, 3 garlic cloves (finely grated). The directions did not say when to add the ginger or how much so I used 1tbs, finely grated and sauteed it together with the onion and the other spices. Served it over rice and had a fresh cucumber salad on the side. It was a very good dinner! Thanks for posting.
- 1 (16 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- fresh ginger
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut milk, and curry.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion, cinnamon and cumin. Sauté until onions are soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, peas and coconut milk. Reduce heat and simmer until peas are tender.
- Serve over rice and pass naan bread.