Recipe by Outta Here
Serve as a side to Indian food, or as an unusual dessert. Quick and easy in the microwave.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves, in juice
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter (or margarine)
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder (more or less to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pear halves and reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid.
- Place pear halves in shallow, 1 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, glass baking dish.
- In a small, heat-resistant, glass bowl, melt butter or margarine in microwave oven 30 seconds. Stir in reserved pear liquid, brown sugar and curry powder to taste.
- Spread curry mixture over pears and heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm with dollops of sour cream or plain yogurt, if desired.