1/1 Photo of Curried Peanut and Tomato Soup
This is a simple soup with fabulous flavor from the February 2006 issue of Gourmet magazine. They suggest that you can make this vegetarian by using vegetable broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (preferably Madras)
- 1 (14 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Cook onion, salt, and pepper in oil in a 2 to 3 quart heavy sauce pan over moderate hear, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2Add curry powder and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes (with their juice) and broth and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- 4Stir hot water into peanut butter until smooth and add to soup.
- 5Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in cilantro before serving.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Peanut and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 396.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g